FRIENDSHIP 

On Line Genealogy Page



Welcome to Friendship, Maine,

Old Meduncook Plantation

History

The area was first explored in 1605. The town of Warren, incorporated in 1776, originally included the modern territory of Friendship. It was known as Meduncook prior to 1807.

Features

Friendship lies between Muscongus Bay and the Friendship River. Cranberry, Long, Otter & Moss Islands are included in it's territoy and Franklin Island Light, one of Knox Counties fourteen lighthouses, is situated there.

Sources